We discussed the aspects of moving to Dubai and ways to start a business in Dubai quickly with Ivan Kroshnyi, co-owner of a group of companies.
Moving to Dubai: What’s in it for those who run a business?
I moved to Dubai in January 2021, and it was a decision I took very seriously. The main reason for this step was the fact that Dubai has favorable conditions for business operation, minimal tax burden along with a rapidly-growing market that offers opportunities for scaling up the existing business and starting a new one.
Aside from that, Dubai has become one of the world's major business hubs where high-end business clubs are and international meet-ups for entrepreneurs take place. In a nutshell, make sure to keep a close eye on what is happening in the UAE, specifically in Dubai, if you wish to stay on top of all the latest developments in the world of business.
What do you need to do to relocate to Dubai? Here are a couple of things I can tell you from my own experience.
1. Rent or buy accommodation. To obtain a tax residency you will have to live in the country for at least 181 days.
2. Start your business in Dubai to boost your chances of obtaining a residence permit faster.
3. Accept the fact that running a business in Dubai has its own special nuances. One of them is people’s tendency to make quick decisions. Entrepreneurs don’t take too long to negotiate and make a deal. Another thing you have to be aware of is that you will have to wait for your turn if you wish to open an office or a cafe in a certain location.
Adjusting to a new life rhythm is not as hard as it may seem. This can actually motivate you to make bolder moves.
How to quickly start your own business in Dubai
Having your own business would be a big plus for obtaining a residence permit. That’s why many entrepreneurs move their companies and open up their offices here.
What could potentially be a big roadblock to operating a business in Dubai is an incompetent intermediary helping you prepare relevant documents for the license. Because of their lack of professionalism, it may take much longer to get the permit you need.
For these reasons, buying a franchise is one of the great ways to start a business in Dubai quickly and profitably.
● For starters, the franchisor has a license and other relevant papers.
● Second of all, this is typically a much cheaper option than starting your own business from scratch.
● Third of all, by using this approach, you can take a closer look at the country of your interest and figure out how to run a business under the guidance of a franchisor’s expert team. You have to be extra careful when getting into the market of a country you are new to so that you don’t accidentally break any traditions and social norms. The franchisor, its team, and specific business procedures and guidelines will help prevent this from happening.
I am a co-owner and investor of Roasters Specialty Coffee House, a Dubai-based high-end coffee shop chain. We managed to open three coffee houses in just under a year. On top of that, my partner and I have recently decided to expand the business further by selling a franchise.
The Roasters Specialty Coffee House chain is extremely popular in the city. You can find our coffee shops in the most eye-catching spots. The first one overlooking the Burj Khalifa is in the Jumeirah area on Wasl Road. The second one is in Dubai Mall, the world’s largest shopping mall. The third is in Amwaj, Jumeirah Beach Residence. Over 20 thousand people visit our coffee shops monthly.
We serve beverages made from the highest-quality exclusive coffee varieties. We also offer an extensive breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu, and a delightful dessert list.
We are opening our chain’s fourth coffee shop soon and it will become the first franchised coffee house. My partner and I started receiving requests as soon as we announced our decision to franchise. When you see such positive feedback, when you realize that people really like your concept, it drives you even more because these aren’t just empty words.
We have so-called club franchises where we assist our franchisees with business processes at all stages from furnishing the place to working with customers and a team.
If you wish to start a business in Dubai quickly, you can buy a Roasters Specialty Coffee House franchise. It will be an individual franchise offering an expansion option. Feel free to send your requests and inquiries to email@example.com.
Even though I moved to Dubai a while ago, my social media followers keep asking me whether doing business in Dubai, relocating, and adjusting here pose any challenges. I personally had a very positive experience of moving to Dubai and adapting to a new life here. That’s because I wasn’t scared in the first place and was sure of myself, my goals, and the steps that would help me get where I wanted to be. Fear, however, will make things more complicated. But if you remain confident and trust the business partner you do business with or buy a franchise from, you have every chance of success.
רילוקיישן לדובאי: כיצד להתחיל עסקים בדובאי במהירות ולעבור לכאן במהירות
שלח לנו את הערותיך או דעתך על מאמר זה.