The resort will be a “sustainable luxury development in the Algarve”, according to information provided in a press release, which The Portugal News had access to. The Verdelago Resort represents an investment of 270 million euros and will be inaugurated during the summer, after the purchase of more than a hundred houses in 2021.
According to the same press release, the Verdelago Resort “extends for about 86 hectares”, however only 8.7 per cent of the space is land occupied by construction, leaving the other areas occupied by green areas, including “a Green Park for Recreation and Leisure with about 42 hectares, a natural reserve in front of the sea with 24 hectares, areas of environmental interpretation, conservation and promotion of the natural habitat and a lake with 2 hectares.”
At the moment, Verdelago Resort has started a new commercialisation phase with the sale of “109 residential-tourist units.” Those being, “83 apartments of types T1, T2 and T3 are available, with private areas between 80 and 150 m2.” During this marketing, period are also available “26 townhouses, with V2 and V3 typologies.”
During the launching period, in 2021, the Verdelago Resort, the Portuguese were the ones who invested the most in the purchase of properties that are part of the development, with the purchase of more than a hundred residences, that is 80 percent of sales, the remaining 20 percent represent the purchase of the real estate by North Americans, British and Spaniards.
“A paradise on Earth”
Paulo Monteiro, General Director of Development at Verdelago Resort, quoted in the press release, says that those who have purchased a property, or even visitors, classify the place as “‘A paradise on Earth’.” According to the person in charge, the project is “unrepeatable, unique and innovative, which stands out in several pillars.”
The Verdelago Resort is the only development built on the seafront, which confers a sustainable character, so whoever buys one of the residences “values and recognizes the exclusivity and authenticity of this project”, according to Paulo Monteiro.
Possibility of employment
Verdelago Resort intends to create around “600 direct and permanent jobs”, in recruitment that is already in force and is open to any citizen and available at Verdelago - Resorts - Recrutamento de Hóteis e Resorts Blue and Green.